Despite the fact that Santa Clara County is one of the most affluent communities in the world, our most vulnerable children suffer from lack of basic health care, adequate food and shelter, and opportunities for learning and succeeding in school.
Today, Kids in Common is the only organization that focuses on systemic change to improve children’s lives in Santa Clara County. We advocate for effective investment and policies for children and support the mobilization of public and private resources to meet children’s needs. We inform decision makers on best practices and champion local implementation. We convene agencies that care about children’s well-being to address systems' issues and speak out for needed change. Kids in Common is steadfast in speaking and acting on behalf of children and brings a uniquely qualified perspective that is grounded in research and data. The foundation of our work is the Santa Clara County Children’s Agenda.
- Santa Clara County’s only comprehensive child advocacy organization focused on children’s issues and policies.
- Partner-based, counting organizations and individuals as public policy partners.
- Focused on advocacy at the local level, informing local decision makers about best practices, policies, and investments that will improve children’s lives.
- Willing to speak out about public policy, budget allocations, and systems issues.
- Able to assist our partners with their own advocacy efforts.
- Able to leverage our partners’ expertise to educate lawmakers, community leaders, decision makers, and funders for the betterment of children and their families.