OYP Pathways: Postsecondary credential programs
Friday, January 31, 2014 10-12p
The Santa Clara County Opportunity Youth Partnership has been working to better understand the depth of resources available to disengaged youth in our community. Our Pathway development workgroup will be spending the next month architecting strategies that the community sees as key priorities to reengage youth in Santa Clara County.
We have three upcoming meetings focused on developing strategies around secondary credentials, postsecondary credentials, and work experience/employment:
1) Secondary credential (GED or High School Diploma) programs
Wednesday, January 22nd, 3-5pm Sobrato Center, Cupertino Room B (1400 Parkmoor Ave, San Jose)
2) Postsecondary credential programs (either a certificate, 2 or 4 yr degree)
Friday, January 31st, 10am-12pm Santa Clara County Office of Education, Morgan Hill Room, third floor, South Building (1290 Ridder Park Drive, San Jose, CA 95131)
3) Work Experience and Employment
Monday, February 3rd, 3-5pm Sobrato Center, Cupertino Room B (1400 Parkmoor Ave, San Jose)
During these meeting we will be defining the problem for youth struggling to reengage in each area and looking a root causes. We will discuss:
- How do youth find out about your program? What does outreach for your program look like?
- How can the OYP network strengthen connections between your agency’s programs in Santa Clara County?
- What would your program need to serve more youth?
- What are the outcomes for youth in your program?
RSVP to email@example.com