7th Annual Santa Clara County Children's Summit - 2014
Friday, February 28, 2014 7:30a-1:30a
Register here! Plenary Session will feature an Opportunity Youth panel.
Theme: We Are All In This Together! (Focus on youth family and community engagement.)
7:30 - 8:30 Registration/Breakfast/Networking
8:30 - 9:45 Plenary Session - Keynote Speaker, Stephen Black
10:00 - 11:00 Workshops (4)
11:15 - 12:15 Workshops (4)
12:15 - 1:30 Lunch and Bold Steps for Children Award
List of Workshops:
- Common Core Educational Standards: A Brave New World for Us All
- The Political Landscape for Children in California
- Creating Communities for All Ages: Common Goals, Intergenerational Solutions
- Youth Development: Understand it, Measure it, Impact it!
- Santa Clara County School Linked Services: Highlights of Coordination and Implementation
- Social Emotional Learning and the Common Core - A Perfect Fit!
- Improved Outcomes for Dually Engaged Youth in the Dependency and Juvenile Justice Systems
- Decreasing Suspensions by Increasing School Engagement - Strategies for Change
Keynote Speaker: Stephen Black, Founder & President Impact Alabama